27 May 2011

love is a tree












                             Love is a Tree

                        
                             The intellectual is always showing off,

                             the lover is always getting lost.

                             The intellectual runs away.

                             afraid of drowning;

                             the whole business of love

                             is to drown in the sea.

                             Intellectuals plan their repose;

                             lovers are ashamed to rest.

                             The lover is always alone.

                             even surrounded by people;

                             like water and oil, he remains apart.

                             The man who goes to the trouble

                             of giving advice to a lover

                             get nothing. He's mocked by passion.

                             Love is like musk. It attracts attention.

                             Love is a tree, and the lovers are its shade.


                             Rumi













                           
Photobucket
Paul Gauguin



















                          




                                         











                             Get out of my walled infinity

                             Of the star circle round my heart

                             Of my mouthful of sun

                             Get out of the comic sea of my blood

                             Of my flow of my ebb

                             Get out of my stranded silence

                             Get out I said get out

                             Get out of my living abyss

                             Of the bare father-tree within me

                             Get out how long must I cry get out

                             Get out of my bursting head

                             Get out just get out



                             Vasko Popa
                                                 *















                             
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
fourteenth2009 - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Check

Blogs I follow

Life-travelers