21 May 2011

... the artist picks his way along, rejecting and accepting as he goes

























Thank you, Olivier...


Photobucket


      My faith is the grand drama of my life. 

I'm a believer, so I sing words of God to those who have no faith. 

I give bird songs to those who dwell in cities and have never heard them, 
make rhythms for those who know only military marches or jazz, 
and paint colors for those who see none.

    Olivier Messiaen






























                   I am brutal, but I have, or did have, a mania for precision.—Valéry to André Gide
























Pawel Pierscinski

















Ἔχω δεῖ τὸν οὐρανό...




Ἔχω δεῖ τὸν οὐρανὸ μὲ τὰ μάτια μου
Μὲ τὰ μάτια μου ἄνοιξα τὰ μάτια του
Μὲ τὴ γλῶσσα μου μίλησε
Γίναμε ἀδελφοὶ καὶ κουβεντιάσαμε
Στρώσαμε τραπέζι καὶ δειπνήσαμε
Σὰν νὰ ἦταν ὁ καιρὸς ὅλος μπροστά μας
Καὶ θυμᾶμαι τὸν ἥλιο ποὺ γελοῦσε
Πού γελοῦσε καὶ δάκρυζε θυμᾶμαι


Γιώργος Σαραντάρης
















*
























                  Man... the human person...the free individual...the I...
                  at once torturer and victim...at once hunter and prey...
                 Francis Ponge
                 Reflections on the Statuettes,
                 Figures and Paintings of Alberto Giacometti



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
fourteenth2009 - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver
Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Check

Blogs I follow

Life-travelers